Well, Andrew, that’s got to be one of the dumbest headlines you’ve ever written, “I Miss StandUpRight.ca,” and yet, I do. The point was really driven home earlier this week when I wrote about recovering from a couple of days of pond hockey with my boys.
After 2 years of this horseshit, I genuinely miss writing about:
Instead, I find myself writing about my struggles with depression, the descent of a one free(ish) nation into totalitarian hell, the damage to my children, and everyone else’s children, for that matter.
You know what I’d like to be doing?
- Chronicling my latest Bikram Yoga recovery.
- Writing about the benefits of HIIT (high intensity interval training).
- Extolling the virtues of vitamin D.
- Ripping on yogis, vegans and other hippies. Hey, just because I am a yogi doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun at their expense.
- Hell, it would be nice to get back into ergonomics, work, mindset and success.
But no. Messers Ford and Trudeau, in their infinite, bottomless fascism and stupidity, have highjacked my country, my province, my life, and through that my hobbies, including this little website.
So instead of having fun, and maybe dropping a little advice, I find myself ranting about those shit heels.
I miss StandUpRight.ca.