I try to keep it light around these parts; equal parts advice, story telling and smartassery. We’re living in serious times, and it’s rarely a bad thing to try to lighten the mood.
Sometimes, though, you’ve got to be serious, like with coronavirus.
I’ve avoided the topic because there is so much conflicting and incomplete information out there:
- It’s a 3% mortality rate – no, it’s a ½% mortality rate
- It’s worse than the flu – no, it’s not much worse than a bad cold
- It’s infecting everyone – no, it’s contained
And, if you fall down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole, it only gets worse.
So, what’s really going on? Well, we don’t yet know. So what do we do?
At a minimum, take your basic cold and flu season precautions, only more so. Take basic steps to stay healthy.
- Eat right
- Take your vitamins
- Get your sleep
- Wash your hands regularly and well
- Use hand sanitizers
- Get your exercise
- And, for God’s sake, if you find yourself coming down with something, isolate yourself and don’t infect others.
Until we know the full extent and danger of this thing, don’t be a fool, don’t panic, and stay healthy.